Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Quotes

I love Twitter! It's been a great tool in motivation, thought and practicality. And I confess, I'm on twitter primarily for what I gain from it, not what I can add to it. I only tweet once or twice per day, but I read what others are thinking multiple times throughout the day. I laugh a lot and enjoy catching up with others. But my favorite thing about twitter are the short quotes that make me stop and meditate. It's amazing how thought-provoking and challenging 140 characters can be. So here's a few quotes from a few of the folks I follow that I've been thinking about over the past month. And FYI, you can follow them as well at twitter. This is just a snippet of all the good stuff at twitter.com! May you be as challenged and encouraged as I have been!

"It is not so much the aim of the devil to lure me with evil as it is
to preoccupy me with the meaningless."-Don Miller

here's a question: are you more afraid of offending sinners or
offending pharisees? thou shalt offend pharisees-Mark Batterson

Leadership goal: Not a culture of OPINION which we FORCE on others,
but a culture of COUNSEL which is INVITED by others!-Brian Houston

You HAVE a right to your OPINION, but its NOT always right to share
it! "Wisdom builds the house" but OPINIONS DON'T!-Brian Houston

Leadership goal: Surrounded by leaders who are WISE enough to say NO,
but COURAGEOUS enough when they need to say YES.-Brian Houston

Every great project is built on 3 things: The idea, the capture of the
idea and the execution of the idea.-Jon Acuff

Brainstorming is sexy, but the capture of the idea & the execution of
the idea matter more than the initial creation-Jon Acuff

Most people are educated well beyond their level of obedience-John
Maxwell

"God takes full responsibility for the life wholly devoted to Him"-
Charles Stanley

"The longer you're in the trenches,the easier it is to mistake the
edge of your rut for the horizon." -Gary Hamel

No comments: