Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The blog is back!

So it's been a long time coming...

"No blog posts in nine months or so, without any explanation. Cory, what's going on?"

I'm so glad you asked. It seems my life has changed pretty dramatically over the past 9 months. Carrie and I have moved back home to Missouri, I've started a new job (still in Student Ministry) but now I'm at a different church in Springfield,Missouri where I was born and grew up!


"Ummmm, wow Cory. That's a lot of change. I had no idea you were looking for a new job!"


Funny you should say that. We weren't. We were (and still are) trying to hear God's voice and follow his leading. This was clearly a God thing, though it's nice to be home!


"Okay. Well, that still doesn't explain your lack of blogging and commentary!"


I completely agree. But in the midst of such an emotional decision and change, starting well and getting to know new students and leaders, I didn't want anything to be posted on the world-wide-web that wasn't thought through. I was dripping with emotional tension, and felt I should allow a seasonal siesta to reign in the blogosphere.


"Does this mean your back to blogging once a day for a month and then once every six weeks again?"


I don't like your tone, but yes, it does mean I'll be blogging on a more regular basis.

"Are you always going to act as if someone else is talking and asking questions like this. It's kind of weird that you're having a conversation with yourself."

I agree, it is weird. So no, I won't do this on a regular basis. I just figured...well...why am I still doing this? I'm writing myself.

Okay, so the blog is back and I'll continue to write some of the learnings I've had over the past few months, as well as anything that I think is relevant or beneficial. This will also serve as a site for our students at Second Baptist to visit as we go through SOLO. In other words, lots of stuff.

It's nice to be back. Let's have some fun! Peace out all.

"Bye!"

No comments: