Friday, January 28, 2011

SOLO Day 5 – Exodus 16:9-16

God cares about your needs. Probably not a mind-blowing concept, but it's true. Recently Carrie and I went through a challenging season of our lives. We went to bed every night and asked God to rescue us. Yet he remained silent. To an extent, he still remains silent.

However, we began to see certain things fall into place that couldn't have happened unless God was at work. Specific people came and helped us out. Aid came in interesting ways. God was answering our prayers, just not in the way we expected.

There have been so many times in my life when I felt confused, disappointed, even angry at God. Could he not see the pain I was going through? Could he not understand I was trying to do the best I could do? Did he not get the fact that I was one of his followers-I was even a youth pastor, working for him? How could he not answer me and take care of me when others seemed to be so blessed?

In those moments, it's good for me to look at this story. The Israelites have already been rescued by God, They saw the ten plagues poured out on Egypt. They saw God part the waters of the Red Sea when there was no way out. God had even made bitter water sweet and drinkable, so they didn't die as they were traveling through the desert. In all of those circumstances, God did something remarkable. It wasn't what the Israelites expected, and showed his absolute power.

God cares about your needs. Do not mistake his silence for absence. Perhaps he's waiting to shock you with his provision.

May you see God's rescue and may you praise the one true God, because he's crazy about you!

No comments: