Monday, September 28, 2009

2 Timothy 4 notes

2 Timothy 4


To Think and know:

1. Perhaps my favorite passage of scripture in he entire Bible is 2 Timothy 4:1-5. I know of no other verses that speak so clearly to what a Pastor is called to do.
2. “Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.” The word ought to be on ever word I say and every breath I take. A reminder of Deuteronomy 6:4-9
3. People pleasing helps no one
4. How I hope I can say the same as Paul at the end of my life, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”
5. At the end of Paul’s life, he is reminding Timothy to hold no grudges, to be wise, and to be forgiving. I can’t help but believe God wants the same of me, regardless of the challenging people and hurtful situations I face.

To Feel:
1. I read this and I can’t help but feel called!
2. Excitement: I always read this and feel ready to attack Hell with the good news of Jesus Christ!
3. Reprimanded: Am I keeping my head, enduring hardship, fighting the good fight as I know I’m called to do. This serves as such a great reminder.

To Do:
1. Live out verses 2-5 every moment of my life.

No comments: