Tuesday, March 8, 2011

SOLO Day 43 - 1 Kings 17:7-16

Here's today's passage

What a great story! It's such a challenging passage, because I know if I only had enough to care for Carrie and myself one meal, I can't imagine making for someone else first. God is so clear-he desires for us to look to the needs of other people. I firmly believe this story represents the heart of the gospel: Trust God and serve others. It's incredibly hard. That's why this woman is amazing. It could have been so easy for her to trust in her common sense, or look at her circumstances and try to make it happen some other way. But she trusted God. Don't overlook verse 9: God instructed the woman. He gave her direction. I don't know when or how, but he directed her. So some big principles: she listened, she trusted, she acted. Am I? Are you?

No comments: