Thursday, March 24, 2011

SOLO: Job 9:2-23

You can read the passage by clicking here

Couple of thoughts as I read this: Am I willing to be so honest as to assume my own innocence in the presence of God? I love that Job was willing to be so raw. Personally, I know I've never been able to stand before God and plead innocent. And while I know that Job wasn't sinless, I believe he understood that his circumstances weren't the outcome of his actions. In other words, I think Job had some real insight into his situation. I feel he was onto something.

That said, I also think Job was amiss. He was disillusioned by his circumstances. He wasn't completely innocent. He wasn't just and didn't even deserve to be in the room with the Almighty Judge.

I feel like everyone relates to job's story; we're all a little double-minded. Some good theology - some understanding, but still only seeing a piece of the picture. Most of us feel we're innocent when bad things start happening to us, but we're quick to forget our failures and shortcomings. It's only when our lives are exposed to the light of Christ that we're able to see the truth of who we are! May we be willing to be raw and vulnerable in the presence of God, but may we always remember our own frailty and may we choose to humble ourselves. If God is forced to humble us, it becomes humiliation!

No comments: