Wednesday, March 23, 2011

SOLO: Job 1:1-21

You can read today's passage by clicking here.

Do you ever wonder if your life is the kind that would show up in the Bible, or is that just me? I've always thought it would be so cool to be in the scriptures-to live a life worthy of being written about.

That's probably a little arrogant and has a lot to do with my ego, but I can assure you my intentions are good. I really do want to be that consistent. That's why I think Job's such a stud! He's not only written about, but God even points out his faithfulness to Satan. How crazy is that?

I wonder if God were going to make a case for us in front of Satan, would he have a leg to stand on (if God even has legs – I digress)? Would it be an open and shut case? Would there be any reason that Satan would fear our success? I'm afraid I'm much too inconsistent, emotional, and even hypocritical to be able to stand up against the stuff Job did. Yet he remained consistent.

How 'bout you? Could God bring your name up as a model of righteousness and consistency? Why or why not? Is this even feasible? Just a couple of questions to get you thinking...

No comments: