Wednesday, March 9, 2011

SOLO Day 45 - 2 Kings 4:20, 24-29

You can read today's passage by clicking here

It is so hard to trust when life is full of disappointment, frustration, and unmet expectations. Things let us down. Circumstances don't go our way. The easy thing to do is pull back. Don't make yourself vulnerable. Don't get too close, so no one gets hurt-especially me.

Which is harder: trusting God or trusting others? I've wrestled with trusting people. But is my overall view of humanity jaded because I don't look at others the way God looks at them? And what about trusting God? Does it really come down to placing the responsibility on me rather than him for "justice" to be served? If so, have I been trustworthy enough to trust myself?

These are more thoughts into my head than the typical devotion generally contained here. I'd love to hear your thoughts...

No comments: