Thursday, February 10, 2011

SOLO Day 18 – Deuteronomy Deuteronomy 34:1-4

When was the last time you felt you got cheated by God? C'mon, it's okay to be honest. When were you really feeling tricked or let down? A couple of years ago? Months? Weeks? Now?

There have been so many times when I've been disappointed that God didn't act or respond in the way I felt he should have. I've felt angry, rejected, ignored, overlooked, depressed, confused-I've even thought about walking away from him altogether. There are times when he seems to have my best in mind, then out of nowhere-boom! Now there have been times when I knew I was just being selfish or I wanted something for the wrong reasons. But some of those times I felt completely justified with my emotions.

I can't help but think this isn't fair for Moses. He's led this group of whiners and complainers for 40 years, he's been called a friend of God, and he's been pretty faithful when all is said and done. There's even a section of scripture that where Moses appears to convince God not to wipe out the Israelites! All said, it appears he's a pretty great leader who deserves to enjoy all his hard work. It's just not fair that God wouldn't allow him to take them in to the Promised Land!

It says in Deuteronomy 4 that Moses found out he was not going to cross the Jordan. Moses seemingly had every reason to question and be upset, but Moses chose to humbly accept God's plan. That's why the scripture said Moses was the most humble man on the face of the earth. He chose God's plan, chose to pour into Joshua, chose to leave a legacy.

How do you respond when God says no?

So may you trust God fully, even when he says no!

No comments: