Saturday, February 19, 2011

SOLO Day 27 – 1 Samuel 3:8-10

To read the passage click here

I really recommend you read the verses prior to the selected passage, so feel free to check them out.

One of the reasons I love this story is God's unparalleled persistence in communing with people. He repeatedly speaks to Samuel, and despite Samuel's misunderstanding, God remains faithful in continuing to call him. He is patient. He doesn't get angry. He doesn't hold out on Samuel.

This is an important reminder for me personally. God longs to spend time with me (actually he's already with me). He's not flawed-he never gets frustrated when I'm trying to hear his voice. There's significance in the struggle, because fighting for it allows us to recognize him a little more clearly every time in the future.

Samuel never has this issue again. From here on out his intimacy with God is enviable. He still has his own opinions, but he recognizes when God says yay or nay!

So may you respond just as Samuel did when you hear the voice of God. And as your relationship grows, may you never forget the sound of his voice, so that when he speaks, you can act in confidence!

No comments: